Raw caramel slice is one of the most popular vegan desserts and we can certainly understand why! Tastes better than the real deal if you ask us. Decadent, delicious and nutritious!
A lot of the ingredients used in this recipe are interchangeable, so you can adapt depending on what you have on hand. For example, cashews can be swapped for macadamias (and vice versa), maple for coconut nectar, buckinis can be swapped out for more nuts, coconut oil for coconut butter, tahini for nut butter… you get the gist.
Serve as a dessert on its own or use as a topping for a chocolate nice cream…serious game changer.
- Buckinis, 1/2 cup (ground to a flour)
- Cashews, 1/4 cup (ground to a flour)
- Desiccated Coconut, 1/3 cup
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup, 1 tbsp
- Boiling water, 2 tbsp
- Medjool dates, 1 cup (pitted, soak in warm water for a few minutes to soften)
- Raw Macadamias, 1 cup
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp
- Hot water, 1/2 cup
- Hulled Tahini, 1 tbsp
- Maca Powder, 1 tbsp (optional)
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1 tsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Raw Dark Chocolate, 120 g (we use Loving Earth 85%)
- Combine all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well until it starts to stick together (it is easiest to use your hands to make sure it is well combined).
- Press into the base of a greased and lined baking tray and place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
- Combine all caramel ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon on top of the base, spreading evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until fairly firm.
- Using a double saucepan, melt dark chocolate in a shallow saucepan and spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
- Return to fridge for another 10-15 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into small slices, serve and enjoy.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.