A good quality, high-speed blender is essential to achieving a nice creamy consistency. A decent amount of power is required to process the crunchier ingredients like the dates and nuts that make up the base. If you’d prefer to have some chunks remaining in the base, simply use the ‘pulse’ setting on your blender. Enjoy!
- Macadamias, 1/3 cup (or cashews)
- Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/3 cup
- Cacao Powder, 2 tbsp
- Medjool Dates, 4
- Coconut Oil, 1/2 tbsp
- Thin Caramel Layer
- Cashews, 1/3 cup
- Coconut Yogurt, 1/4 cup
- Medjool Dates, 5
- Tahini, 1/2 tbsp
- Mesquite, 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Chocolate Layer
- Cashews, 1 1/2 cups
- Coconut Yogurt, 3/4 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cacao Powder, 1/4 cup
- Cacao Butter, 2 tbsp (melted)
- Coconut Nectar, 2 1/2 tbsp
- Filtered Water, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 2 tsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- For the base, combine all ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the caramel layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the caramel in a high-power blender and blend until smooth. *
- Spoon on top of the base and place in freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the chocolate layer in a high power blender, blend until smooth and creamy. This takes a few minutes.
- Spoon chocolate filling on top of the caramel and swirl the reserved caramel blend on top.
- Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set. Allow to thaw before serving and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
- Reserve some caramel to swirl on top of the cake.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.