Vegan cheesecakes have to be one of the best plant-based desserts going around. The combination of nuts and coconut yogurt creates such a delicious creamy texture, much like that of a traditional cheesecake. The passionfruit juice in this recipe adds such a great ﬂavour as well as natural sweetness, the perfect balance to the zesty lime. We’ve also created a passionfruit glaze using agar agar - a plant-based gelatin alternative. So easy and so delicious!
- Macadamias, 1/2 cup
- Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Shredded Coconut, 1/3 cup
- Medjool Dates, 6 pcs
- Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp (melted)
- Filtered Water, 1 tsp
- Coconut Yogurt, 1 cup
- Macadamias, 1 cup
- Passionfruit Juice, 1/4 cup
- Lime Juice, 3 tbsp
- Coconut Nectar, 3 tbsp
- Lime Zest, 1-2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence, 1/2 tsp
- PASSIONFRUIT GLAZE
- Passionfruit Juice, 2 tbsp (reserve some seeds for decoration)
- Coconut Water, 330 ml
- Agar Agar, 1 tsp
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high-power blender and brieﬂy blend.
- Press into the base of a tartlet case and set aside while you making the ﬁlling.
- Combine all ﬁlling ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Transfer to fridge and prepare passionfruit glaze.
- Combine coconut water, passionfruit juice and agar and agar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and stir regularly. Allow to cool.
- Spoon some passionfruit seeds over top of tart, then gradually spoon cooled glaze on top of the tart, return to fridge to set. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve in your favorite Coconut Bowls!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.