Making your own granola is such a great habit to establish to avoid falling into the trap of buying the sugar-laden supermarket variety (so often marketed as ‘healthy’). This coconut macadamia granola is so tasty and couldn’t be easier to make. You simply mix all the ingredients together, spread on a baking tray, bake and voila! You’ve got a really yummy and healthy granola!
Many of the ingredients in this recipe can also be swapped according to what you have on hand… Macadamias for cashews/hazelnuts, oats for quinoa flakes and maple syrup for coconut nectar. Feel free to add in superfood powders such as mesquite, maca or cacao powder for a caramelly or chocolatey twist! Enjoy this Coconut Macadamia Granola in your Coconut Bowls. They can be topped on smoothies, nice creams or even just plain nut milk or dairy-free yogurt!
- Gluten-free Oats, 1 cup
- Macadamias, 1 cup
- Buckinis, 1 cup
- Flaked Coconut, 1 cup
- Himalayan Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Organic Maple Syrup, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1/3 cup (melted)
- Vanilla Essence, 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Scatter granola over a lined baking tray (you may need to bake in two batches).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an air- tight glass jar or pour into Coconut Bowls and serve with coconut yogurt, berries and plant based milk.
Healthy Luxe was established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.