Blood Orange & Beet Smoothie
RECIPE BY HELENA FROM THE DELICIOUS PLATE
This vibrant smoothie recipe is easy to make, packed with healthy ingredients like oats and chia seeds to help keep you full for longer. Perfect to-go smoothie to help you conquer your day!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 bananas
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup yoghurt of your choice, preferably with a thick consistency
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp beet powder or 1/2 beet, peeled and chopped
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a high-sped blender, add your oats and chia seeds, and blend on high until a flour-like consistency has achieved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the beet and ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more or less milk to achieve your desired thickness.
- Pour half of the smoothie into a large glass or two small glasses.
- Bring back the container into the blending machine and add the sliced beets or beet powder and ice. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture on top of the beet smoothie and serve immediately with your Bamboo Straws before it melts!
Helena loves cooking for her friend and her family. She strongly believes that good food brings everyone together. She cooks mostly vegetarian and vegan food.