RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA ANDERSSON FROM @fivesechealth
What better way to spend your christmas morning than with a great bowl of Caramel Christmassy Bowl by @fivesechealth! Serve this indulgent nice cream with your family and friends while opening up christmas presents.
- NICE CREAM
- Bananas, 6 (frozen)
- Plant Milk, 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin Spice, 1 tsp
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Coconut Cream, 1/2 cup
- Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup
- Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Start by making the caramel sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while until it has slightly thickened.
- Pour the caramel sauce over to a jar and put the jar into the fridge to let it cool down and become even thicker.
- Now make the nice cream. Add chopped frozen banana and plant milk to a high speed blender (preferably with a tamper/stick to push with) or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- It may take a while and you will have to stop a few times to scrape the sides of your food processor or blender (if you have a Vitamix, you will have to stop once in a while to empty air bubbles from the bottom of the blender).
- Serve the nice cream with granola and caramel sauce. Enjoy it with your favorite Coconut Bowls!
Alexandra Andersson a plant-based vegan foodie from Sweden currently escaping the Swedish winter by living in Bali. She is certified within Plant-Based Nutrition and has dedicated her last years educating and exploring the vegan plant-based lifestyle. She runs the Fivesec Health community together with her boyfriend Pontus to make it simple and attractive to adopt a plant-based lifestyle.