Indulge yourself with our latest Coconut Bowls creation – the decadent and delicious Dulce De Leche Swirl Nice-cream! The dulce de leche sauce consists of totally natural ingredients, creating a caramel-like flavour that is as healthy as it is sweet. Keeping the nice-cream itself simple creates the perfect foundation for the sauce to shine – we recommend not rinsing the blender after making it, to allow the flavour to carry into the nice-cream. You may also choose to add a few teaspoons of sauce into the blend. Top it off with banana coins, raw cashews, and vegan caramel chocolate!
- Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Cashews, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Yogurt, 2 tbsp
- Tahini, 1/2 tbsp
- Mesquite, 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Nice Cream
- Bananas, 4 (frozen)
- Coconut Flesh, 100 g (frozen)
- Vanilla Essence, 1-2 tsp
- Coconut Milk, a splash
- Combine all ingredients for the dulce de leche* in a high power blender and blend until smooth (add more milk if required).
- Spoon into a Coconut Bowl leaving a small amount of the sauce in the blender i.e. don’t rinse.
- Add the nice cream ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into your favourite Coconut Bowls and swirl a few spoons of the dulce de leche sauce on top. Add additional toppings of choice.
- This will make more sauce than needed for this recipe however it is hard to make in small batches so we recommend storing the leftover in the fridge to use with other recipes. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.