Making the most of what’s left of stone fruit season down under with this delicious peach nice cream. To create the creamy texture and spiced peach flavour, we poached the peaches with coconut water and vanilla, before blending with coconut milk and freezing. This process adds a little time but is well worth it to create that drool-worthy texture.
- Yellow Peaches, 2 (sliced)
- Coconut Water, 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Pod, 1 (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Medjool Dates, 1-2
- Bananas, 3 (frozen)
- Coconut Flesh, 100g (frozen)
- Vanilla Essence, 1 tsp
- Combine peaches, coconut water and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Gently poach for 5-10 minutes or until soft. Set aside and allow to steam.
- Peel peaches and add to blender with ‘syrup’, coconut milk and dates. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice-cube moulds and place in freezer overnight.
- Combine peach ice cubes, banana, coconut and vanilla in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to your favourite Coconut Bowls and add fresh stone fruit, buckinis and/or coconut.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.