Raw, plant-based deliciousness – this Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake is a serious crowd-pleaser. With a chewy chocolate base, natural caramel sweetness, and a decadent chocolate cheesecake filling, this dessert is a textural delight that ticks all of our boxes.
A good quality, high-speed blender is essential to achieving a nice creamy consistency. A decent amount of power is required to process the crunchier ingredients like the dates and nuts that make up the base. If you’d prefer to have some chunks remaining in the base, simply use the ‘pulse’ setting on your blender. Enjoy!
- Macadamias, 1/3 cup (or cashews)
- Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/3 cup
- Cacao Powder, 2 tbsp
- Medjool Dates, 4
- Coconut Oil, 1/2 tbsp
- Thin Caramel Layer
- Cashews, 1/3 cup
- Coconut Yogurt, 1/4 cup
- Medjool Dates, 5
- Tahini, 1/2 tbsp
- Mesquite, 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Chocolate Layer
- Cashews, 1 1/2 cups
- Coconut Yogurt, 3/4 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cacao Powder, 1/4 cup
- Cacao Butter, 2 tbsp (melted)
- Coconut Nectar, 2 1/2 tbsp
- Filtered Water, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 2 tsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- For the base, combine all ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the caramel layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the caramel in a high-power blender and blend until smooth. *
- Spoon on top of the base and place in freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the chocolate layer in a high power blender, blend until smooth and creamy. This takes a few minutes.
- Spoon chocolate filling on top of the caramel and swirl the reserved caramel blend on top.
- Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set. Allow to thaw before serving in your favourite Coconut Bowls and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
- Reserve some caramel to swirl on top of the cake before/after slicing.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.