Triple Peanut Butter Waffles are perfect for an indulgent yet healthy Sunday morning brunch or dessert. They are easily made using spelt flour, or buckwheat flour as a gluten-free alternative – they’re delicious either way.
Top these babies off with a scoop of peanut butter nice-cream, crushed peanuts, cacao nibs, or double (quadruple?) down with an extra drizzle of smooth peanut butter… because why not?
- Spelt Flour, 1/4 cup (or buckwheat flour)
- Almond Meal, 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1 tsp (or vanilla extract)
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Banana, 1
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp
- Flax Eggs
- Ground Flax Seeds, 2 tbsp (or ground chia seeds)
- Filtered Water, 6 tbsp
- Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Bananas, 4
- Peanut Butter 3 tbsp
- Vegan Protein Powder, 2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup
- Firstly, prepare the nice cream. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to an ice-cream tray and allow to set in the freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- For the flax eggs, combine the ground flax seeds and water. Set aside and allow to set up and thicken.
- Preheat waffle iron for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Place banana, milk, peanut butter and flax eggs in a blender, blend until smooth. Transfer to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Once the waffle iron has heated, spoon approx. 1/4 cup of the mixture per waffle, close lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with a few scoops of peanut butter nice cream and crushed peanuts.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.