- Zucchinis, 3
- Red Bell Pepper, 1
- Onion, 1 (large)
- Eggplants, 2
- Cherry Tomatoes, 3 handfuls
- Garlic, 6 cloves
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Dried Basil, 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano, 1 tsp
- Dried Thyme, 1 tsp
- Chickpeas, 2 cans
- Diced Tomatoes, 1 can
- Parsley, 1 handful (chopped)
- Dice 3 zucchinis, 1 red bell pepper, 1 large onion, and 2 eggplants, into same-sized cubes. Small is best!
- Dice 3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes into quarters, and slice 6 cloves of garlic.
- To a hot stockpot, add a little olive oil, 1/3 of the diced zucchini, 1/3 of the red bell peppers, 1/3 of the onion, and 1/3 of the garlic. Mix until everything is coated in olive oil. I recommend doing this in batches to maintain heat and get caramelization. It usually takes me 3 batches, which is why I suggest 1/3 of each veggie at a time.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to the veggies, and sauté until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for two more batches, or until all the veggies have been sautéed, and set them aside in a bowl.
- To the stockpot (now empty), add olive oil and 1/3 of the diced eggplant. Mix until the eggplant is well-coated in olive oil. I also recommend doing this in batches like we did with the other veggies! Eggplant absorbs a lot more liquid, so you may have to keep adding olive oil.
- Sauté the eggplant until golden, and then repeat step 6 until all the eggplant has been sautéed.
- Add all of the veggies back into the stockpot, and combine.
- Drain chickpeas, and add them to the veggies along with 1 can diced Polati tomatoes, all fresh tomatoes (diced), 1 handful chopped parsley, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1 tsp dried thyme.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes to combine all flavors. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. For extra spice, you can add red pepper flakes and smoked paprika! Serve on a bed of rice, quinoa, or pasta.
Natalya Hardan is a fitness nutrition specialist, a personal trainer and is the creator of Healthiir. Healthiir is a lifestyle platform filled with plant-based recipes and nutrition. You can know more about Healthiir on the links below:
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.