Recipe by Anthea Cheng of Rainbow Nourishments
Sometimes simple is best! If you're stuck for time but want something wholesome and tasty, you can always whip up a stir-fry. This recipe is an adaptation to the traditional stir-fry recipes Anthea Cheng grew up eating.
- BROWN RICE
Brown Rice, 1 cup (uncooked)
- Water, 3 cups
Oil, 3 tbsp (or water)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (peeled and crushed)
- Ginger, 5 cm knob (peeled and chopped finely)
- Broccoli, 2 cups (chopped)
- Firm Tofu, 400 g (cut into cubes)
- Green Beans, 2 cups (trimmed and halved)
- Carrots, 2 pcs (peeled and sliced into strips)
- Red Capsicum, 1 pc (sliced into strips)
- Coconut Aminos, 1/4 cup (or soy sauce)
- Sesame Oil, a dash
Rinse brown rice and place in a small pot with 3 cups of water. Boil for 5 minutes thenreduce to medium heat for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and all of the water has evaporated.
Meanwhile, for the stir fry, add oil/water, garlic and ginger to a large saucepan over highheat. Saute until fragrant.
Add the broccoli to the saucepan and saute for 1 minute. Add ½ cup of water to thesaucepan and cook broccoli until its colour has changed. Add the tofu, green beans, carrotsand capsicum. Saute for 5 minutes then add the cocominos or soy sauce. Saute for another 5minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle sesame oil on stir fry and remove from heat.
- Distribute cooked rice and stir-fry in your favorite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Anthea Cheng produces such vibrant and nourishing plant-based recipes. She focuses mainly on plant-based desserts, so check her out at the links below.