This Lentil & Chickpea Curry will surely hit the spot on a cold day. It is best to make a huge batch to keep in the freezer so you'll have a readily available meal whenever you need it.
- Olive Oil, 1 tsp
- Garlic, 3 cloves
- Onion, 1/2
- Red Curry Paste, 2 tbsp
- Coconut Milk, 1 can
- Tomatoes, 1 can (chopped)
- Red Lentils, 2/3 cups
- Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Lime, 1 (juiced)
- Ground Coriander, 1 tsp
- Garam Masala, 1/2 tsp
- Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp (smooth)
- Chop the garlic cloves and onion. Cook the garlic, onion and curry paste in an oiled saucepan for a couple minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and thechopped tomatos, bring to a boil. When it is boiling add in the red lentils, garam masala, coriander, lime juice, chickpeas and soy sauce. Let it simmer.
- When the lentils are cooked, mix in the peanut butter. Adjust the flavour with salt and pepper.
- Serve into your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Anniina makes delicious and easy vegan recipes. You can check her out at instagram.com/anniinaskitchen/.