This is a perfect fiesta dish. It’s an explosion of Mexican flavours and textures: creamy guacamole meets spicy beans and crispy potatoes. Yum!
- 500g yellow potatoes, sliced
- ½ tomato, finely chopped
1/3 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
1/3 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- BEAN CHILI
- 225g low-sodium kidney beans, drained
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- TO SERVE
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- Fresh coriander
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To make salsa, combine the tomato, coriander, onion, avocado and the lime juice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make the bean chilli by putting the beans, crushed tomatoes, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne in a pan. Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Place the potatoes, salsa and bean chilli in your favourite Coconut Bowls and garnish with coconut yoghurt and coriander.
Alexandra Andersson a plant-based vegan foodie from Sweden currently escaping the Swedish winter by living in Bali. She is certified within Plant-Based Nutrition and has dedicated her last years educating and exploring the vegan plant-based lifestyle. She runs the Fivesec Health community together with her boyfriend Pontus to make it simple and attractive to adopt a plant-based lifestyle.