Make this famous chili paste at home for a delicious asian dinner whenever you want! If you want it even spicier, increase the amount of chilis, and use a wide variety of asian chili!
- 1/2 oz red chili
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only)
- 1 shallot about
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- a few slices of ginger
- 3/4 cup oil for blending and cooking (separated to 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix 600ml container in the order listed, and secure the blade base.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.