Summer Rolls with Hot Peanut Sauce
RECIPE BY ZOSIA FROM @SWEET.LIGHT.STYLE
These summer rolls are perfect for the warmer days. Best served cold - each rolls give a satisfying crunch and pair well with the homemade hot peanut sauce.
- SUMMER ROLLS
- rice paper, as much as needed
- sliced fillings ( celery, red peppers, letuce, avocado & sprouts)
- fresh herbs (spring onion/cilantro)
- cooked tofu or your choice of plant protein
- filtered water, as needed
- HOT PEANUT SAUCE
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a splash of rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp hot water
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients needed in a small bowl. Mix well until smooth and set aside until ready to use.
- Make sure all your ingredients are prepped ahead of time. All cooked plant protein should be cool to touch.
- In a large shallow plate/bowl, add water halfway.
- Submerge the rice paper one by one in a shallow dish of water for 10 seconds, place on a damp tea towel.
- Place the filling at the bottom of the paper & add in your herbs.
- Fold the sides in, then the bottom up and roll as tightly as you can.
- Serve immediately in your Coconut Bowls and enjoy with the sauce.
Find out more about Zosia's plant-based journey: