RECIPE BY EVA WADL OF @evawadl
The perfect comfort food when you need it. The cashews made this Vegan Carbonara so rich and creamy. The smoked tofu is incredibly tasty too!
- CARBONARA CREAM
- Cashews, 1 cup (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes)
- Almond Milk, 3/4 cup
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp
- ime Juice, 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast, 2 tbsp
- SMOKED TOFU
- Firm Tofu, 1 block (drained well and cut into small cubes)
- Coconut Aminos, 3 tbsp
- Maple Syurp, 1/2 tbsp
- Smoked Paprika Powder, 1 tsp
- Garlic, 1 clove (minced)
- Olive Oil,1 tbsp
- Onion, 1/2 (diced)
- Brown Rice Pasta, 400 g (or any kind of pasta you have)
- Soak cashews well – 30 minutes in warm water and drain. Add the cashews as well as all other ingredients for the carbonara into a high-speed blender and mix until creamy.
- Mix the coconut amino, maple syrup, smoked paprika and minced garlic together well and marinate the drained tofu cubes in it.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions. Add the marinated tofu and cook until the tofu is golden brown. Turn down the heat, add a little water if necessary and add the cashew carbonara cream as well as the cooked pasta.
- Mix well until the pasta is well coated with the cream. Serve the pasta in your beautiful Coconut Bowl and top with some fresh herbs or spring onions.
Eva Wadl is the co-creator of @nuede.store. She is passionate about everything plant-based and sustainable.
YouTube: Eva's Vegan Kitchen