Reusable Cutlery Set
Coconut Bowls is Your Go-To Source for a Reusable Cutlery Set
Coconut Bowls has been advocating for healthy living and conscious thinking for both people and the planet with our handcrafted eco-friendly home products including a reusable cutlery set. Made from reclaimed ebony, our reusable wooden cutlery is an excellent replacement for plastics for those who want to minimise their carbon footprint.
What You Can Expect From Coconut Bowls Regarding Wooden Cutlery
We began Coconut Bowls after inspiration struck during a 2015 surf trip to Indonesia when we discovered the concept of coconut shell handicrafts at a local market. Seeing the beauty of the shell when the husk had been sanded away, we realised the potential for making them into handcrafted bowls. With a little more research, we discovered that billions of these shells were going to waste each year, burned or buried in local landfills. From our initial offering of reclaimed coconut bowls, we’ve expanded into other eco-friendly home goods, including wooden cutlery. Here is what you can expect when you buy our products:
- Our reusable wooden cutlery is made of reclaimed ebony hardwood. Reclaimed wood does not come from cutting down virgin trees but instead from salvaged beams or other lumber products that would have gone to waste. Because they are made of reclaimed wood, each piece is unique in its grain pattern.
- You can get many years out of your wooden cutlery items by following their simple care requirements including not using them in the microwave, oven or dishwasher and cleaning them with soap and water.
- We dedicate ourselves to our customers, and if you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, you can return it within 14 days.
Can You Customise Your Order for Reusable Wooden Cutlery
One of our fundamental goals is to help people think and act more sustainably so of course, we offer customisation options with our products to meet our customer’s personal aesthetics and cutlery needs. These include:
- Our Reusable wooden cutlery includes spoons, forks, knives, and chopsticks available in a dark finish made from reclaimed ebony and a lighter finish made from recycled coconut.
- You can purchase these pieces as single items, but you can bundle and save. When purchasing four or more items, you save 25% off the individual price.
- We offer many different bundles that include our reclaimed wooden cutler along with our namesake coconut bowls.
Little Known Facts About Wooden Cutlery
The use of reusable wooden cutlery, particularly spoons, predates history. They were one of the first types of cooking utensils used by our ancient ancestors and with good reason. Of all the products available to them, wood was easy to work with and offered a high level of durability. Wooden cutlery has been used throughout history, and while metal utensils have surpassed wood since the industrial revolution and plastics became the standard disposable option, many people have turned back to wood as we have become more cognisant to the health of the environment. If you are interested in ditching your disposable plastic cutlery for something sustainable and reusable or want to learn more about our other eco-friendly home goods, contact us today.