RECIPE BY PLANT POWERED KARINE
This Whipped Matcha Dalgona will surely give you sustained energy throughout the day. It's such a clever recipe that uses aquafaba to create the foam!
- Aquafaba, 1/4 cup
- Matcha Powder, 2 tsp
- Powdered Sugar, 2-3 tbsp
- Plant-based Milk of Choice, as much as you need
- Ice Cubes
- Place the aquafaba in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip on high until the aquafaba becomes fluffy and thick, which will take about 8 minutes or so. Be patient!
- Once thick, sift in 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar (it fluffs up better than the granulated kind) and whip it in. Then continue adding the remaining powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated. Lastly, sift in the matcha powder and continue to whip until it is mixed through.
- Fill your glass or jar with ice cubes and your desired amount of plant-based milk, and then top with the matcha dalgona.
- Stir with your favourite Bamboo Straw and enjoy!
Nourish to flourish ~ Karine is a plant-based holistic nutritionist living the island life in St. Martin. She loves all things matcha and she is a wife and a mother of two wonderful kids.